How do I file an extension for Form 990-EZ?
5.9k views |
Last modified 12/26/2022 7:21:20 AM EST
990-PF 990-N 990-EZ 990 8868 1120-POL
Suppose your organization couldn't file IRS Form 990-EZ return by the due date (15th day of the 5th month) for the following tax year. In that case, your organization must file Form 8868 to request an automatic extension of time to file the information return.
Using Form 8868 gives you an automatic 6-month extension of time to make a filing. The extension only provided you the time to file the information return and not to pay any due taxes.
Here is how you can file your extension Form 8868 using Tax990:
- Log into your Tax990 account.
- On the dashboard, click on the "Start Return" button.
- Select the "Form 8868" option on the list of forms.
- Enter your organization details and click "Next."
- On the "Organization Tax Year" page, you can select the year for which you want to file an extension.