How do I e-file Form 8868 with Tax990?
4.6k views |
Last modified 4/11/2023 6:42:57 AM EST |
990-PF 990-N 990-EZ 990 8868 1120-POL
To create and electronically file Form 8868 in your Tax990 account, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Tax 990 account.
- Click Start New Return for the organization you want to file an extension.
- Select Form 8868 and tax year from the pop-up and click Start New Return.
- Details of your organization will be displayed. If not, enter the basic information of the exempt organization, such as the organization's name, address, EIN, and click Next.
- Choose the type of form you're applying for the extension
- Select the organization's tax year period and provide signing authority details
- Indicate whether you are a foreign corporation operating outside of the US.
- Pay your estimated balance due to the IRS, if any need to be reported
- Provide the details of the person who possesses the organization’s books and records and singing authority details.
- Review your form summary to make sure you entered all of your information correctly. Tax990 will perform an audit check to scan your form for any errors.
- Pay and transmit the form to the IRS.
We will email you the status of your extension once we hear back from the IRS.