How do I file an extension for Form 990-EZ?
255 views |
Last modified 9/5/2023 7:01:22 AM EST |
Suppose your organization couldn't file IRS Form 990-EZ return by the due date (15th day of the 5th month) for the following tax year. In that case, your organization must file Form 8868 to request an automatic extension of time to file the information return.
Using Form 8868 gives you an automatic 6-month extension of time to make a filing. The extension only provided you the time to file the information return and not to pay any due taxes.
Here is how you can file your extension Form 8868 using Tax990:
- Log into your Tax990 account.
- From the dashboard, select the Organization Name and Tax Year.
- Select the Form 990-EZ option on the list of forms.
- Decide whether you want to file either by Interview-Based or Form-Based.
- Provide all the necessary details in the respective fields.
- Pay and transmit the form to IRS. The status of the form will be notified via email.