Can a small organization file a previous year's Form 990-N return?
5.3k views |
Last modified 1/6/2023 4:31:28 AM EST |
Filing the e-Postcard (Form 990-N) is an annual requirement, and filing for a previous year cannot be done through the IRS filing system, but Tax990 allows you to file your IRS Form 990-N for prior years (up to 2 previous years).
Here is how you can file your prior year Form 990-N using https://epostcard.Tax990.com/:
Enter your Organization’s EIN and click “E-FILE NOW”. If the organization you are searching for isn’t found on our database, you can e-file your e-Postcard by creating an account at Tax990.com. Then follow the below steps.
Enter your organization's EIN and click “E-File Now.”
Choose the available tax year from your filing history and review the filing information and make changes as needed.
Enter the payment information and pay and transmit Your Form 990-N to the IRS.
For organizations filing 990-N for the first time:
Here is how you can file your form 990-N using Tax990:
- Create a New Account with Tax990. If you already have one, log in to that account.
- Click on the "Start New Return" button on the dashboard and select “Form 990-N”.
- Search for your 'EIN' or enter your organization's basic details, such as name, address, and principal officer's details. Then, click "Next”.
- On the "Tax Year" page, you can select the year for which you want to file your Form 990-N.
- If there are any errors in your form, our Internal audit check will indicate that. You can fix them and click 'Next'
- You can choose to receive notifications via 'Text' or 'Fax' and then click 'Next'.
- Review your 990-N summary and make changes if required. Also, provide an acknowledgment of your organization’s eligibility to file Form 990-N.
Once done, you can complete your payment and transmit your Form 990-N to the IRS.