Who Can File Form 8868?
386 views | Last modified 12/26/2023 2:44:32 AM EST |

Charities, nonprofit organizations, and other tax-exempt organizations can use Form 8868, the Automatic Extension Form, to request an extension of time to submit their information returns to the IRS. Also, form 8868 can be used by the trustee of a trust to request an extension of time to file Forms 1041-A or 5227 if necessary.

Note: You cannot file an extension for Form 990-N.  

Was this helpful? Yes No

Tax990 Support

Need more help?

Get in touch with our dedicated support team Contact Us