My Form 990-N has been rejected by the IRS. What's next?
174 views | Last modified 4/20/2024 4:02:23 AM EST |

Applicable To
990-PF 990-N 990-EZ 990 8868 1120-POL

Tax 990 makes it easy for you to make corrections and retransmit your return. For example, if you filed your original 990-N return with us, you can re-submit your e-postcard for free.

Here is how you retransmit the rejected return: 

  1. Log into your Tax 990 Account.
  2. On the dashboard, click the 'Rejected by the IRS' button found against the rejected return to identify the errors.
  3. Click the 'Fix Me' button found against each error to correct the same.
  4. Review the form once and retransmit the extension.

If the system does not show any errors, you will have to call the IRS appointment line at (866-255-0654) to know the reason for the rejection. 

Once done, we will notify you of its status once we hear back from the IRS. You can also find the status of your return on the dashboard.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Tax990 Support

Need more help?

Get in touch with our dedicated support team Contact Us