Who must file Form 990-EZ?
266 views | Last modified 12/26/2023 12:20:16 AM EST |

Applicable To
990-PF 990-N 990-EZ 990 8868 1120-POL

IRS Form 990-EZ must be filed by tax-exempt organizations, nonexempt charitable trusts, and section 527 political organizations. In general, filing this information return may vary depending on the organization's gross receipts and total assets.

Suppose your organization has gross receipts less than $200,000 and total assets less than $500,000 at the end of the year, then you must file IRS Form 990-EZ.

Here is the list of other organizations that need to file Form 990-EZ:

1. Tax-exempt organizations under Section 501(a) that have been exempted from paying corporate income taxes.

2. Non-profit organizations that work for the public interests rather than profits.

3. Nonexempt charitable trusts under section 4947(a)(1), which are treated as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3)for the purpose of completing the form.

4. A section 509(a)(3) supporting organization must file Form 990-EZ, even if its gross receipts are normally $50,000 or less

5. A qualified state or local political organization under section 527 must file Form 990-EZ if it has gross receipts of $100,000 or more

6. Organizations that claim exempt status under Section 501(a)

NOTE- If your organization comes under section 501(c)(1) or is excluded from gross income, you do not have to file a Form 990-EZ.


Was this helpful? Yes No

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 839-2321 [email protected]