What needs to be done if your organization maintained some donor-advised funds during the tax year?
2.5k views | Last modified 12/22/2023 1:11:45 AM EST |

Applicable To
990-PF 990-N 990-EZ 990 8868 1120-POL

If your organization maintained some donor-advised funds for the year, then your organization is considered as a sponsoring organization, under Section 501(c)(3). In general, the role of a sponsoring organization is to maintain and operate these donor-advised funds for the sole purpose of supporting charitable organizations.
In that case, your organization must complete and file Form 990 instead of Form 990-EZ, regardless of the annual gross receipts or net assets received during the tax year.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Tax990 Support

Need more help?

Get in touch with our dedicated support team Contact Us