What type of miscellaneous expenses must be included in Form 990-EZ?
3.1k views |
Last modified 9/5/2023 8:56:28 AM EST |
The expenses made by an organization such as penalties, fines, and judgments; unrelated business income taxes; insurance interest; depreciation, and real estate taxes not reported as occupancy expenses; travel and transportation costs; and expenses for conferences, conventions, and meetings must be reported as Other Expenses in your Form 990-EZ.
Reporting miscellaneous expenses with Tax 990’s Interview-based Filing Style
- Log into your Tax 990 account.
- On the dashboard, click on the "Start Return" button.
- Select the "Form 990-EZ" option on the list of Federal returns.
- Enter your organization details and click "Next."
- On the "Organization Tax Year" page, select the year you want to file the information return. Once done, the subsequent steps will be to fill the actual parts of the form.
- Under the Expenses section, select "Start" for Other Expenses
- You can either choose to add the expenses one at a time or select the Bulk Upload option to upload the expenses details
- Now, click Next and follow the subsequent steps as prompted.
- Review the details, Pay, and click the Transmit button to transmit your return to the IRS.
Reporting miscellaneous expenses with Tax 990’s Form-based Filing Style
To report your organization’s miscellaneous expenses using our form-based filing, please go to Part I, Expenses section. Then, in line 16, click on the icon, and a popup will appear and prompts you to enter the amount of "Expense" along with its explanation. To add more than one miscellaneous expense, click on the icon and add those expenses.
After entering the details of all the Other Expenses, click on the Save button. The total amount spent on these expenses will be prefilled automatically on Line 16, Part I Expenses section.