Is additional reporting needed for an organization that has financial accounts in a foreign country?
4.5k views | Last modified 12/22/2023 1:12:02 AM EST |

Applicable To
990-PF 990-N 990-EZ 990 8868 1120-POL

Yes, if your organization had an interest or an authority over some financial accounts (bank account, securities account or other financial accounts) in a foreign country whose combined value exceeds $10,000 at any time during the tax year, then you must check "Yes" in line 42b, PartV, Other Information of Form 990-EZ.
Also, the organization must file FinCEN Form 114, Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR), electronically with the Department of the Treasury using FinCEN's BSA E-Filing System. 
Note- Filing of FinCEN Form 114 must be done individually and not along with Form 990-EZ.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 839-2321 [email protected]