I don’t have an EFIN? Can I e-file my Form 990 return?
1.3k views | Last modified 6/15/2023 2:09:16 AM EST

Applicable To
990-PF 990-N 990-EZ 990 8868 1120-POL

Yes. You only need an EIN to e-file your 990 return to the IRS. Employer Identification Number (EIN) is a unique 9-digit number provided to an organization so that the IRS identifies the organization based on it.

If you do not have an EIN for your organization, you must request one by filing Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number (EIN).

Was this helpful? Yes No

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 839-2321 [email protected]