How do I know my organization's Tax Period?
5.4k views |
Last modified 12/24/2022 2:09:41 AM EST
Refer to the following documents to confirm your organization's tax period:
- On the determination letter you received that confirms the organization's tax-exempt status.
- Your application for federal tax-exempt status (Forms 1023, 1023-EZ, 1024, or 1024 A).
- Form SS-4, the application your organization filed to obtain the employer identification number (EIN).
- If you have filed earlier, a copy of the prior year's return (Form 990 or 990-EZ) was filed with the IRS.
- Your organization's by-laws.
If the tax period stated on your return differs from what is recorded on the documents mentioned above, the IRS will reject the return. However, you can correct the tax period and re-transmit the return with the IRS at no additional charge.