[Missing value in Qualifying Distribution of the Private Operating Foundation] - How do I resolve it?
102 views |
Last modified 9/11/2023 4:19:56 AM EST |
IRS Error code: Form 990-PF: [F990PF-037-01]
If the foundation is claiming the status as a private operating foundation within the meaning of section 4942(j)(3) or 4942(j)(5) for the calendar year 2019 or the taxable year beginning in 2019, then the total Qualifying Distribution for each year of the Private Operating Foundation must have a value.
What does it mean:
The foundation that claims status as a private operating foundation within the meaning of section 4942(j)(3) or 4942(j)(5) must not have entered a value for the total Qualifying Distribution for each year. In this case, the IRS would have rejected the return.
Your foundation should enter a value for the total Qualifying Distribution for each year listed in return.
Follow the below steps to resolve the error:
- From the home page, select the organization and the tax year.
- You need to click on the Rejected by the IRS button for the rejected return to find the list of errors. Then, click the Fix Me button to resolve the rejection error.
- Based on the filing type you have chosen, you will be navigated to the corresponding page.
- Interview-based filing - You'll be directed to the Adjusted Net Income & Qualifying Distributions page. Here enter the value for Qualifying distributions for the tax year you wish to report.
- Form-based filing - You'll be directed to Part XIV, Line 2c of Form 990-PF. In this line, enter the Qualifying distributions for each year listed.
- Review the details, and click the Transmit button to re-transmit your return to the IRS at no additional cost.
We'll keep you informed on the status of the return once we hear back from the IRS.
For any further assistance, we recommend contacting the IRS e-Help Desk Toll-Free Number 1-866-255-0654.