My organization was terminated. What do I need to know before filing the final Form 990-PF?
356 views |
Last modified 3/13/2023 3:58:02 AM EST |
When an organization is terminated, certain information must be disclosed. Follow the steps below to file your organization’s final Form 990-PF.
- In the header area E of page 1: If all assets were distributed to a qualified public charity (see Instructions for Form 990-PF), check the box for termination of private foundation status under section 507(b)(1)(A);
- In header area G of page 1: Check the Final return box to indicate that this is the final return.
- In Part VI-A, Statements Regarding Activities, Line 5, answer “Yes” to “Was there a liquidation, termination, dissolution, or substantial contraction during the year?”
- Tax990 supports adding statements and uploading PDFs. Prepare an attachment to Form 990-PF that includes
- A description of each transaction you made in the conclusion of your organization's activities.
- A certified copy of the liquidation plan, resolution, etc. (if any) and all amendments or supplements that weren't previously filed.
- A list showing the names and addresses of each recipient of the assets.
- An explanation of the nature and fair market value of the assets distributed to each recipient.
- For a complete corporate liquidation or trust termination, attach a statement as to whether a final distribution of assets was made and the date it was made (if applicable).