Can I amend a Form 990-T return filed with a different service provider?
419 views | Last modified 9/6/2023 9:02:13 AM EST |

Applicable To
Form 990 Form 990-EZ Form 990-PF Form 990-N Form 8868 Form 990-T

Yes. Tax 990 allows you to amend your Form 990-T return, even if the original return was filed with a different service provider.

While filing your 990-T return, please check Box F, “Check box if an amended return.” at the top right corner of the return to indicate you’re filing an amended return. Also, include a statement in Part V, Supplemental Information, explaining which lines you made changes to and the reason for each change. 

When amending your 990-T return, fill out your form completely and not just provide the new or corrected information. This will help you avoid unnecessary rejections from the IRS once you transmit your amended return.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 839-2321 [email protected]