[E-file Error Code R0000-922-01] How do I resolve it?
3.4k views |
Last modified 12/28/2022 1:41:19 AM EST |
Rejection Message: The business name, EIN, and the name control on the return filed didn't match the IRS's name control.
What does it mean: The name control of your business and the EIN doesn't match with the ones on the IRS records. Name Control is a four-character identifier derived from the organization's name. For instance, for an organization named "Ashton Foundation," the name control would be "ASHT." This is assigned by the IRS when the organization requests an Employer Identification Number (EIN).
In this case, these are two likely mistakes that would have led to the rejection of your return.
a. Incorrect EIN. Or,
b. Mistyped the organization name.
Anyone or both mistakes will cause a mismatch in the name control.
Resolution: Check if the EIN and the Organization Name entered are correct. If there are errors, correct those, and re-transmit the return at no additional cost.
Here's how you correct the type of organization:
- Log in to your Tax990 account.
- Identify the rejected return either from the Dashboard or Forms History.
- To identify it from the Dashboard, keep a note of the Return ID of the rejected return that you find in the rejection email.
- To identify it from the Forms History page, click the Tax Returns on the menu, and you'll land in the Forms History page, where you'll find the rejected return listed.
- In both options, you need to click on the Rejected by the IRS button found against the rejected return to find the list of errors. Then, click the Fix Me button against the error code R0000-922-01.
- Based on the filing type you have chosen, you will be navigated to the corresponding page.
- Interview-based filing -You'll be directed to the Update Organization page. Here, you can correct the EIN and/or organization name.
- Form-based filing - You'll be directed to the Organization Information page, where you can correct the EIN and/or organization name.
- Review the details, and click the Transmit button to re-transmit your return to the IRS at no additional cost.
We'll keep you informed on the status of the return once we hear back from the IRS.
For any further assistance, we recommend contacting the IRS e-Help Desk Toll-Free Number 1-866-255-0654.