How do I amend a previously filed Form 990 return?
5.7k views |
Last modified 8/4/2023 7:07:17 AM EST |
You can amend all the information in your original form 990 except the organization's EIN. To alter your 990 form, the IRS should accept the originally filed form.
To edit the information in your amended form, click the edit icon in a particular section to begin amending the information.
- If you originally filed your form 990 with Tax990, all of the field values from the original form will be copied to the amended form after you click the Amend this Return option. You just click the edit option under the required section, edit the information, and transmit it to the IRS.
- If you filed the original 990 form with other service providers, you could still amend the return in Tax990. Enter all the information again and transmit it to the IRS.
Follow the below instructions to amend the 990 if you file the original return with Tax990:
- Sign in to your Tax990 account.
- From the Dashboard, click 990 Series. Select the Organization Name from the drop-down, and the federal return 990 series forms will be displayed.
- Now, click the Amend this Return option. The original form values filed will be auto-filled in the amended return form. Other than Organization’s EIN, you can edit all other information. You just click the edit option under the required section, edit the information, and transmit it to IRS.