How does the amendment process for 990-PF work in interview-based filing?
4.1k views |
Last modified 8/4/2023 2:42:48 AM EST |
- Sign in to your Tax 990 account.
- From the Dashboard, click 990 Series. Select the Organization Name from the drop-down, and the federal return 990 series forms will be displayed.
- Now, click the Amend this Return option. Provide a reason as to why you want to amend this return. For example, let's presume you want to make corrections in the Contributions section.
- After entering the reason, click on the Continue button.
- You'll find the form sections listed. Since you want to update the contributions, click on the Edit button against the Contributions section.
- Update the information.
- Review the details, pay, and click the Transmit button to transmit your return to the IRS.
Please note that an amended return is also subject to public inspection. To know more about it, click here.
If you originally filed your form 990-PF with Tax990, all of the field values from the original form will be copied to the amended form after you click the Amend this Return option. You just click the edit option under the required section, edit the information, and transmit it to the IRS.
If you filed the original 990-PF form with other service providers, you could still amend the return in Tax990. Enter all the information again and transmit it to the IRS.