[E-file Error Code F990PF-037-01] How do I resolve it?
788 views |
Last modified 12/16/2022 2:16:27 AM EST |
990-PF 990-N 990-EZ 990 8868 1120-POL
IRS Error Code F990PF-037-01
If the foundation is claiming the status as a private operating foundation within the meaning of section 4942(j)(3) or 4942(j)(5) for the calendar year 2019 or the taxable year beginning in 2019, then the total Qualifying Distribution for each year of the Private Operating Foundation must have a value.
What does it mean:
The foundation that claims status as a private operating foundation within the meaning of section 4942(j)(3) or 4942(j)(5) must not have entered a value for the total Qualifying Distribution for each year. In this case, the IRS would have rejected the return.
Your foundation should enter a value for the total Qualifying Distribution for each year listed in the return.
Here's how to resolve the error
- Log in to your Tax 990 account.
- Identify the rejected return either from the Dashboard or Forms History.
- To identify it from the Dashboard, keep a note of the Return ID of the rejected return that you find in the rejection email.
- To identify it from the Forms History page, click the Tax Returns on the menu, and you'll land in the Forms History page, where you'll find the rejected return listed.
- In both options, you need to click on the Rejected by the IRS button found against the rejected return to find the list of errors. Then, click the Fix Me button against the error code F990PF-037-01.
- Based on the filing type you have chosen, you will be navigated to the corresponding page.
- Interview-based filing - You'll be directed to the Adjusted Net Income & Qualifying Distributions page. Here enter the value for Qualifying distributions for the tax year you wish to report.
- Form-based filing - You'll be directed to Part XIV, Line 2c of Form 990-PF. In this line, enter the Qualifying distributions for each year listed.
- Review the details, and click the Transmit button to re-transmit your return to the IRS at no additional cost.
We'll keep you informed on the status of the return once we hear back from the IRS.
For any further assistance, we recommend contacting the IRS e-Help Desk Toll-Free Number 1-866-255-0654.